The University of Oxford mounted a series of expeditions to southern Egypt and Sudan from 1910 onwards, directed and largely funded by Francis Llewellyn Griffith, the first Professor of Egyptology at Oxford. Work was carried out between 1910 and 1913, and again from 1929 to 1931 at sites such as Faras, Kawa and Sanam. After Griffith’s death in 1934, Sir Laurence Kirwan directed the Oxford excavations at Firka (1934–1935) and Kawa (1935–1936).
The 8 volumes of the Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology are now available on the SFDAS website, in PDF. Please click on the files below to start downloading.